Re: [AMBER] Cpptraj - Density Action Command Units

From: Gerardo Zerbetto De Palma <g.zerbetto.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 19:05:32 -0300

Hi An!
I think I've figured it out. cpptraj density command gives you a linear density along the desired coordinate i.e. amu/A along the z axis, in your case. If you want to compute a volumetric density, then you have to divide the linear density (cpptraj output) by the area spanned by the other two dimensions (xy cross section, in your case).. That would result in a amu/A^3 density. Then you can apply the 1660x factor to get the kg/m^3.
Let me know if you could work this out!
regards!
Gera!

Sent from Mailspring (https://link.getmailspring.com/link/263CB765-DD59-4627-B95F-550070365FF6.getmailspring.com/0?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fgetmailspring.com%2F&recipient=YW1iZXJAYW1iZXJtZC5vcmc%3D), the best free email app for work