Re: [AMBER] In development of dihedral angle parameters; negative PK and negative PHASE values

From: Cenk Andac <cenkandac.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 12:00:23 +0300

Dear Prof. Simmerling,

Thank you for your response and indispensible info you provided.

               IDIVF PK/6 PHASE PN
> > O-CT-N-C 1 0.382890 108.00 -1.
> >

> >it's not clear to me why you're dividing by 6.
>

> >(such as forgetting the factor of 2 in the amplitude, or getting the units
> wrong,

Well, I have thought PK would equal to half the potential energy at the
energy barrier [PK=(V2)/2]. That is
indeed what I did. PK/6 indeed means (V2)/2/6 as I have stated that in my
"Instead, I took half the max potential-energies at the barriers and
divided them by 6".
I guess, I should have formulated my statement before for clarification ,
PK=(V2)/2.
Overall, I actually divided the potential energy at the barrier by 12 (V2 /
12).
Sorry for keeping you in dark for not providing the real equilibration I
used.

Is that what you were wondering? I would appreciate it much if you could
confirm the equilibration above?

> a negative amplitude here just inverts that term in the Fourier series,
>with a minimum instead of maximum.

That sounds interesting. I am currently doing a production run simulation
with the current parameters I found.
But, I also would like to try inverting the Fourier series for a minimum.
I am kind of in dark here though as I have not tried that before.
What do you mean exactly by "with a minimum"? Would that be the minimum
points right around the maximum point at the barrier ?
How would one invert the Fourier series?

>you might look at some of the papers, such as for the mdgx program, or
paramfit, or our paper
>on ff14sb (ff19sb is more complicated since it's 2D parameters).

I have looked at the ff19sb paper of yours. Well, that looks quite
advanced. Optimization of parameters
using a GRID model is quite interesting. It would be nice to learn that
algorithm for force field development.
How did you actually generate the GRIDs , using cpptraj or GAMESS-US?

Regards,

Cenk Andac