Re: [AMBER] Reg: Modified LYS residues - Can I use Gaff if so how to link with hybrid AMBERff14SB and GAFF

From: Dr. Anselm Horn <anselm.horn.fau.de>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 21:13:33 +0100

Lara,

most probably you'll want to choose an approach similar to that
described in the Amber tutorial about parameterizing a non-standard
amino-acid residue:

https://ambermd.org/antechamber/pro4.html

(Unless your Lys-Plp is a standalone moiety in your case.)

There are many publications about parameterization of non-standard
amino-acids; see the work of the Floudas group
dx.doi.org/10.1021/ct400556v
as an example.

Maybe that helps.

Best,

Anselm

Bioinformatik | NHR.FAU
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU)
Germany