Re: [AMBER] mpi4py Problem

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 15:32:02 -0500

On Tue, Feb 8, 2022 at 8:59 AM David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 08, 2022, Ilyas Yildirim wrote:
> >

> Volunteers, especially those who use mmpbsa.py are solicited here. Adrian:
> is there anyone at your end who could look at this (and other problems with
> mmpbsa.py? Do we have a test case for MMPBSA.py.MPI?

Yes, MMPBSA.py.MPI is built and tested as part of our automated test
suite. I've also verified that mpi4py imports just fine under
`amber.python` from the expected source following the build recipe used by
the automated test suite.

Developers: can you see if you can import mpi4py on your machines, assuming
> that you downloaded at the build stage? The reason that amber.pip is
> missing is because the miniconda download no longer provides the pip file
> that amber.pip would be pointing to. Perhaps people are not getting mpi4py
> because they are not getting pip.

It works on my machine. We can also pull pip if it's necessary (but that
is not how mpi4py is installed).

All the best,