Re: [AMBER] Torsion parameters

From: Karl Kirschner <k.n.kirschner.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 13:59:23 +0100

Hello Cenk,

  In our parameterization work, we perform constraint optimization In
vacuum (i.e. gas-phase) conditions. In the molecular mechanics constraint
optimization, we allow everything to relax around the constraint that we
specified, which matches the gas-phase constraint optimization that was
done using QM (or DFT). Then, when possible, we validate the resulting
parameters for usage in solution conditions.

The following is an example from my files that I could find quickly, which
will start you down a possible path.

*min.in <http://min.in>*:
Constraint Minimization
 &cntrl
    imin=1, dielc=1,ntb=0,
    maxcyc=20000,
    drms=0.01,nmropt=1,
    cut=40.0,
 &end
   &wt type='END' &end
   LISTOUT=POUT
   DISANG=03.rest

*03.rest*:
 &rst iat = 14, 11, 8, 5,
          r1 = 59.0, r2 = 60.0, r3 = 60.0, r4 = 61.0,
          rk2 = 30000.0, rk3 = 30000.0,
 &end

Of course, there are other approaches like you mention. For example, if you
computed relative QM energies using implicit solvent, then one might
consider doing the MM optimization similarly. I hope this helps.

Bests,
Karl