Re: [AMBER] how to stop making terminal residue

From: Dr. Anselm Horn <anselm.horn.fau.de>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 10:01:00 +0100

Dan,

maybe also something I have used for proteins might work here, namely
giving the explicit residue names of the structure during loading the
pdb file.

loadpdbusingseq (see. Amber21 manual p. 246, section 14.6.28.).

One had to explicitely give the names of the terminal amino acid
residues to make them ionic like in the sequence command, so the same
may apply to loading the nucleic bases, although I never tested that.

(To overcome the problem of large sequence inputs resulting from
DNA-protein-ligand systems, one could probably setup different pdb files
and load them via different commands into different units in leap,
followed by a combine-command, but I haven't tested that approach neither.)

This solution would not change the force field definition leaving leap's
conversion behaviour as it is, but was not as concise as David's
suggestion, of course.

Best regards,

Anselm

Bioinformatik | NHR.FAU
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU)
Germany