[AMBER] GCC and EuroSAMPL Satellite Workshop 2022 - Submission deadline extension

From: Guessregen, Stefan /DE <Stefan.Guessregen.sanofi.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 17:50:50 +0000

GCC and EuroSAMPL Satellite Workshop 2022 - Submission deadline extension

*** Please note the extended abstract submission deadline for GCC oral contributions and research telegrams: Feb 1, 2022. ***

The German Chemical Society (GDCh) decided that no GDCh-hosted in-person meeting can take place in 2021. Therefore, and in light of the many unknowns ahead, the board of the GDCh division "Computers in Chemistry" (CIC) decided to re-schedule the German Conference on Cheminformatics (GCC) and the EuroSAMPL Satellite Workshop. Please also note that we are going to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the division CIC, so we not only shift the meeting to a more pleasant time of the year, but we also move to a different location.

*** The joint GCC 2022 (May 8-10, 2022) and EuroSAMPL Satellite Workshop (May 11-12, 2022) will take place in Garmisch-Partenkirchen in the German Alps, Dorint conference hotel, including a GCC day at the Zugspitze. ***

https://www.gapa.de/en
https://hotel-garmisch-partenkirchen.dorint.com/en/
https://zugspitze.de/en
https://zugspitze.de/en/Zugspitze/Restaurants/MICE-Zugspitze

Important deadlines and dates:

* Abstract submission for oral contributions and research telegrams (GCC): Feb 1, 2022
* Abstract submission for posters (GCC and EuroSAMPL): Mar 15, 2022
* Deadline scholarship applications: Feb 27, 2022
* Registration opens Jan 17, 2022
* Abstract submission opens Nov 1, 2021
* Room reservation: Feb 2, 2022

Oral contributions to EuroSAMPL will be selected by the organizers upon invitation.

List of confirmed invited speakers:

* Bernd Beck, Boehringer-Ingelheim/DE
* Natasja Brooijmans, Scorpion Therapeutics/US
* Lee Cronin, University of Glasgow/UK
* Andreas Göller, Bayer/DE
* Anna Kohlmann, Black Diamond Therapeutics/US
* Jens Meiler, Universität Leipzig/DE
* David Mobley, UC Irvine/UK
* Sereina Riniker, ETH Zürich/CH
* Adrian Roitberg, University of Florida/US
* Tamar Schlick, New York University/US
* Jana Selent, University Pompeu Fabra/ES
* Wendy Warr, Holmes Chapel/UK

Topics:

* Cheminformatics and Drug Discovery
* Big Data and Deep Learning
* Chemical Information and Databases
* Molecular Modelling, Simulation and Design
* Protein Structure and Modeling
* Property Prediction

For GCC, we offer software workshops and three different formats for scientific contributions: talks, research telegrams (PhD students only), and posters. EuroSAMPL will encompass lectures, contributions, and posters from participants during the recent SAMPL challenges on predicting protein-ligand, host-guest, and small molecule physicochemical properties, covering also aspects of industry-academia data exchange.

We hope that vaccination campaigns proceed further, allowing us to look forward to an exciting in-person meeting. Details of the hygiene and safety concept will be communicated in due time. Please note that proof of a full vaccination status (COVID-19 vaccines approved in Germany only, certificate required) and an additional booster vaccination is mandatory for attendance. Please keep in mind that legal requirements and restrictions can change at any time. We advise to select flexible travel options and to consider taking out travel cancellation insurance.

Please be aware that we have to limit the number of participants to 170. Further details will be provided on the conference website: https://www.gdch.de/gcc2022