Re: [AMBER] Error installing amber macOS M1

From: Rodrigo da Silva Bitzer <bitzer.iq.ufrj.br>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 20:39:17 +0000

Dear David,

Line 124 of sebomd_module.F90 before applying updates (.tar.bz2 files just downloaded):
124 namelist /sebomd/ hamiltonian, &

Line 124 after running update_amber --update
124 namelist /sebomd/ hamiltonian, & (no changes!)

The error message below was found only for update.1 during update_amber --update:
/Users/rodrigobitzer/Documents/RESEARCH/MD/amber/amber20_src/updateutils/patch.py:314: PatchingWarning: Previously applied patch detected. Skipping.
  PatchingWarning)

I have tried your proposed procedure and it did not work, giving a strange error message:
% pwd
/Users/rodrigobitzer/Documents/RESEARCH/MD/amber/amber20_src
% patch -p0 < update.1
patch: **** out of memory

(I cannot understand this out of memory error!)

I really do not think update.1 has been previously applied, since the errors persist even when I use freshly downloaded files.

Thank you for your support!

--
Rodrigo S. Bitzer
Professor Adjunto A (Assistant Professor)