Re: [AMBER] Question regarding LIE calculations vs explicit solvent enthalpy calculations?

From: Debarati DasGupta <debarati_dasgupta.hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 19:40:34 +0000

Hello Prof Case,

Sorry for chiming in, but I was curious, Page 676 of Amber 20 manual says …”The electrostatic interactions are calculated according to a simple shifting function shown below. The data file will contain two data sets—one for electrostatic interactions and one for van der Waals interactions. Periodic topologies and trajectories are required (i.e., explicit solvent is necessary). The minimum image convention is followed”
Any idea why was the simple shifting function was implemented and when? Is this from the original Aqvist work on LIE?

Thanks
Debarati