Re: [AMBER] Error open-mai

From: David A Case <dacase.chem.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2021 07:37:25 -0400

On Fri, Aug 13, 2021, Rodrigo da Silva Bitzer wrote:

>ld: warning: ignoring file
>/opt/homebrew/Cellar/open-mpi/4.1.1_2/lib/libmpi.dylib, building for
>macOS-x86_64 but attempting to link with file built for macOS-arm64

It looks like your homebrew open-mpi installation is built for M1, but other
tools in your toolchain are using Intel.

>Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
>
> "_MPI_Finalize", referenced from:

The system can't get these routines from your libmpi.dylib, since that
library has the wrong architecture.

Maybe I'm telling you what you already know. This sounds like something you
may have to investigate with the homebrew folks. See if you can install an
Intel version of openmpi.

....dac