Re: [AMBER] Rodrigues' rotation about a specified vector

From: Vaibhav Dixit <vaibhavadixit.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 14:35:05 +0900

Dear David,
I wrote the following nab script but I think my usage of the trans4
function is not correct.
I tried using "matrix trans4", but I'm not sure how to define string
tail/head. I'm guessing that for float I should write 0.0 since I want the
FE atom to be translated to the origin.
Just to make things clearer, I want the translation to work such that all
the other atoms retain their relative positions (distances, angles and
torsions w.r.t Fe).
Then, the rotation should keep the FE fixed at the origin and move other
atoms such that FeS vector points in the negative z-direction. For this,
the unit rotation vector is 0.245 -0.969 0.000 and the angle is 50.37
degrees (these I have calculated these using the cross product of the FeS
vector and the unit -z vector).

nab-script.nab
----------------------
molecule m;
m = getpdb( "test3.pdb" );
matrix trans4 ( m, "::FE’", 0.0 );
putpdb( "nab-test3.pdb", m );
-------------------

I'm calling it "nab trans-rot-script.nab" and then doing ../a.out on the
terminal.
Nothing gets printed on the terminal and no file is written.
The input test3.pdb is attached which contains a truncated heme and axial
residue to keep things simple. nap-script.c file is also attached herewith.
Once this works, then I will use the full protein+heme pdb file to get the
final translated+rotated structure for further modeling.
I'm guessing that these commands work on selected atoms residues only, thus
I'll have to loop through all the atoms or residues for getting the
expected result, right?
Please do give your valuable suggestions and insightful comments on these
aspects.
Thank you very much for the same.
Best regards.
Vaibhav

Regards,

Dr. Vaibhav A. Dixit,

Visiting Scientist at the Manchester Institute of Biotechnology (MIB), The
University of Manchester, 131 Princess Street, Manchester M1 7DN, UK.
AND
Assistant Professor,
Department of Pharmacy,
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences Pilani (BITS-Pilani),
VidyaVihar Campus, street number 41, Pilani, Rajasthan 333031.
India.
Phone No. +91 1596 255652, Mob. No. +91-7709129400,
Email: vaibhav.dixit.pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in, vaibhavadixit.gmail.com
http://www.bits-pilani.ac.in/pilani/vaibhavdixit/profile
https://www.linkedin.com/in/vaibhav-dixit-b1a07a39/

ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4015-2941

NCBI bibliography: