Re: [AMBER] Installation problem

From: David A Case <dacase.chem.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 12:44:48 -0400

On Tue, Aug 10, 2021, Lida Cheng wrote:

>I am trying to install amber on a linux subsystem.
>

>CondaHTTPError: HTTP 000 CONNECTION FAILED for url <
>https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/main/linux-64/current_repodata.json>
>Elapsed: -
>
>An HTTP error occurred when trying to retrieve this URL.
>HTTP errors are often intermittent, and a simple retry will get you on your
>way.
>
>If your current network has https://www.anaconda.com blocked, please file
>a support request with your network engineering team.

The error message above indicates the problem: your system is unable to
connect to anaconda.com. You might try copying and pasting the address
into your broswer:

   https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/main/linux-64/current_repodata.json

Success or failure there would help narrow down the problem. As the message
suggests, simply trying again later often helps.

...good luck...dac