Re: [AMBER] Structure alteration and shortening of loops using xleap

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 10:10:51 -0400

You could use NAB to build a structure for this sequence. It isn't clear
from your email if you have a specific structure already and want to modify
it, or are looking to build a model. What exactly are you trying to
achieve? If you have a PDB file, you could delete those nucleotides, but
then there will be a very large gap between the stem and loop. You would
need to think about how to fix that, if you try to do it in Amber you are
likely to end up with a distorted structure. It might be easier to delete
nucleotides from the ends and then modify the sequence of the stem to match
what you need. We could help you do that, but are not sure what you want to
get in the end.