Re: [AMBER] MCPB.py tutorial issues

From: Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 21:47:27 -0500

Hi Gustaf,

The coordinate bonds for the ferrocene system are Fe-Carbon bonds. By default MCPB.py will not recognize the metal-carbon bonds. To make it be able to recognize these bonds, you can check the page 333 in the AMBER manual about the add_bonded_pairs variable: https://ambermd.org/doc12/Amber21.pdf <https://ambermd.org/doc12/Amber20.pdf>.

Moreover, based on my experience, the pdb4amber in AMBER 2021 does not work well for some systems, while the pdb4amber in AMBER 2020 can work for these systems.

The Merz-Kollman population analysis usually takes some time to finish. However, the RESP fit based on the Gaussian log file of the Merz-Kollman population analysis should be pretty quick.

Hope it helps,
Pengfei