Re: [AMBER] installation error: /usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Nonrepresentable section on output

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 15:52:47 -0400

On Sun, Jul 11, 2021, jinfeng liu wrote:

>/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/lib/libfftw3.a(direct-r2r.o): relocation
>R_X86_64_32 against `.text' can not be used when making a shared object;
>recompile with -fPIC

Amber is unable to make use of the fftw libraries it finds in
/usr/local/lib, yet the cmake code doesn't correctly recognize this.

Add this to your run_cmake script:

    -DFORCE_INTERNAL_LIBRARIES="fftw"

If you still have problems, please post the cmake.log file you get from the
cmake step.

[Jamie: are we supposed to be recognizing system fftw libraries that don't
have PIC code? Is there some way cmake could figure out that installations
like the one described above are not going to work? ...thx...dac]

....dac