Re: [AMBER] Installing compilers/libraries on Ubuntu 18.04 without root access

From: Gerald Monard <gerald.monard.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 14:43:47 +0900

Hello,

If you don't have root access to install the necessary packages, a tool
like spack (https://spack.io/) could help you. I think that Amber is
already a pre-defined package there.
Spack is a software that will help you install all the necessary
components. Basically, it will do for you all the steps (download, extract,
compile, install). You can get the compilers, the libraries, etc with
it, optimized for your architecture.
If you haven't heard about Spack before, have a look at their tutorial.
It's a nice tool. But beware that getting your Amber package all wrapped up
will take some time (because you will recompile everything, including the
libraries needed for the compiler). Many cores on your workstation/node
will help :-).

Gerald.