Re: [AMBER] Preparation of i-Motif structures

From: Sruthi Sudhakar <sruthisudhakarraji.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 13:06:31 +0530

Thank you sir for the reply. I have followed the following methodology but
faced some issues in the preparation of the structure. Initially I have
modified the all_prot_nucleic10.lib file by changing the atom types for
residues DCP (CH+), D3C (3’-terminal CH+) and D5C (5’-terminal CH+) in the
following way:
"C5'" "CI" -> "C5'" "CJ"
"C3'" "CT" -> "C3'" "C7"
"C6" "CM" -> "C6" "C1"
"C5" "CM" -> "C5" "C1"
But in the second stage when I try to change the residue name in the pdb
file, the structure seems to be degraded. I opened the pdb text file and
manually changed the DC to DCP/D3C/D5C and saved it too. But after this
change, when I opened the structure in Pymol to visualize the same, it
seems broken and even in leap it got errors. Is there a mistake in the
methodology of Changing the residue names.
Regards,
Sruthi Sudhakar