Re: [AMBER] knlskintest error when using HMR with 4fs

From: Neville Bethel <nevillebethel.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 15:30:47 -0700

Thanks for the suggestions, David.
This is the error that I get when I pmemd crashes:
Error: an illegal memory access was encountered launching kernel kNLSkinTest

I am running pmemd.cuda in amber18. Since my simulations were fine at 2fs
timestep but not 4 fs timestep, the parmtop was the first thing I checked.
I am indeed using the modified parmtop from parmed.

I will poke around some more and try to change to ff14SB/tip4pew along with
the other tweaks you mentioned. I have already tried setting nscm = 500 and
mcbarint=50, and gamma_ln=2. I'll report back if I find anything that
works. Anecdotally, in the past I have seen ff14SB helps when I got
instabilities (kNLSkinTest errors) with ff19SB.

Thanks,
Neville