Re: [AMBER] Program received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory reference.

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 12:28:39 -0400

On Sat, Jun 05, 2021, Akinyemi Omoniyi wrote:

>I was running minimization following the tutorial available at
>https://ambermd.org/tutorials/basic/tutorial1/section5.php. Stage 1
>minimization (Holding the solute fixed) running successfully without any
>error but the stage 2 minimization gives the error below.
>
>sander -O -i min2.in -o min2.out -p lassa_ion.prmtop -c min1.ncrst -r
>min2.ncrst
>
>Program received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory
>reference.

Look in the min2.out file: is there any hint there about what went wrong?

>cd $AMBERHOME; make test.serial.cuda and get
>make: *** No rule to make target 'test.serial.cuda'. Stop.

The target is 'test.cuda.serial'

>(cd AmberTools/test && make test.cuda.serial)
>make[1]: Entering directory
>'/home/akinyemi/Downloads/Amber20/amber20/AmberTools/test'
>Makefile:2: /config.h: No such file or directory

This indiates that your $AMBERHOME variable is not set correctly. Make sure
you have sourced the amber.sh file in
/home/akinyemi/Downloads/Amber20/amber20. Type "echo $AMBERHOME" to check
things.

(But these cuda problems should be unrelated to the sander error reported
above.)

....dac