Re: [AMBER] Joining two molecules

From: Gustaf Olsson <gustaf.olsson.lnu.se>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 07:37:12 +0000

Hello again Dan

Once again I am super impressed by the willingness to spend time and effort trying to help others solve their issues on this forum, by everyone pitching in.

This may get me part of the way. Realising that what will be suggested is an huge oversimplification, I am right now more curious in getting the method to work rather then the validity of the resulting parameters.

I’ve also come to the conclusion that working with PDB will cause some issues, keeping the connect records helped though it may not be the ideal format for these purposes. I don’t know why though for some reason I did think of using the parm/rst files as also indicated earlier by and was struggling to work with lib/off files and keeping the PDB format.

This seems like a promising way to start, instead of trying to export the required parameters only in combination with PDB I’ll use leap to save parm/rst and have graft deal with the cut-and-paste work, saving mol2 files instead. For the “non-sugar” part, as you have indicated, a quick and dirty way to produce parameters would be antechamber and AM1-BCC. However, instead of trying to modify and work with the prep/frcmod files, follow the above suggested route through leap to prepare parm/rst files for use with cppptraj.

I am sure I will run into some sort of unforeseen problem though this seams like a better route to try to achieve what I am hoping for.

Best regards
// Gustaf