Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA.py and rms fit: Results depend on reference frame

From: Lennart Gundelach <L.Gundelach.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 09:07:15 +0000

Hi,

It contains two identical trajectories of 2 frames each, one autoimaged and rms fit, the other without. Produce different energies.

Best wishes,

Lennart

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wednesday, 12 May 2021 at 15:01
Subject: Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA.py and rms fit: Results depend on reference frame

On Wed, May 12, 2021, Lennart Gundelach wrote:

>This was because the MMPBSA.py script does
>an autoimage and rms fit on the whole trajectory before calculation
>energies or entropies (which it obviously cant in the snapshot by snapshot
>approach).
>
>I have naively been assuming, that the energies obtained would be invariant
>under rotations and translations of the system and that the final energies
>would not depend on the choice or reference frame or ordering of the
>trajectory. This is not the case.

>My fix is simply to autoimage and rms fit the trajectory before slicing it
>into individual snapshots,

Can you find a snapshot that gives a different energy before the
autoimage/rms and afterwards? I think that will be needed to figure out
what is going on. [Since MMPBSA is interpreting part of a periodic snapshot
in a non-periodic fashion, it's certainly possible that autoimage might not
be doing the desired thing here: autoimage is coded for periodic systems.]

As an aside, I don't (immediately) see how you are going to average energies
that arise from snapshots with different numbers of waters. But I haven't
given that a lot of thought....

....dac

https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Flists.ambermd.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Famber&amp;data=04%7C01%7CL.Gundelach%40soton.ac.uk%7Cdbaa78606f1a4629000708d915461483%7C4a5378f929f44d3ebe89669d03ada9d8%7C0%7C0%7C637564213034645402%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=%2Fo%2F%2FNSm9Oh3eEUOeB3OwssrRzhjgi99aMqtSJ2AHFTw%3D&amp;reserved=0