Re: [AMBER] Problem re. non-integer charge in glycoprotein

From: Dr. Anselm Horn <anselm.horn.fau.de>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 12:42:04 +0200

Hi Rajas,

from what you described it seems that the sulfate moiety is the origin
of the non-integer charge; where do its charges come from?

IMHO it would be save to ignore the charge deviation, since it only
accounts for +0.008 a.u., and you probably have a sound literature
reference for it.
However, a practical workaround to obtain an integer charge would be to
modify the atomic charges of the sulfate moiety to account for the
inaccuracy.

But other may comment here as well.

Best regards,

Anselm

NHR.FAU
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
Germany