Re: [AMBER] New In CPPTRAJ (May 2021)

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 14:00:01 -0400

Hi,

It's best if you don't overwrite the cpptraj that exists inside
AmberTools since this can potentially mess up any future patching. You
can install cpptraj in a separate directory alongside AmberTools just
fine. The easiest way is to make sure you source $AMBERHOME/amber.sh
and then configure the standalone cpptraj with

./configure -amberlib <compiler>

This will try to pull libraries from AMBERHOME and should simplify
installation. There will be another file you can source after amber.sh
($CPPTRAJHOME/cpptraj.sh) that will set up your PATH for you. Hope
this helps,

-Dan