Re: [AMBER] Avoiding steric snafus with protein mutations in tleap?

From: Matias Machado <mmachado.pasteur.edu.uy>
Date: Sat, 08 May 2021 15:15:29 -0300 (UYT)

Dear Tucker,

I faced the exact same issue while simulating an virus particle (See "Simulation details" in https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jctc.7b00659).

Fortunately, I identified a missing lysine in the structure, which was reconstructed as a tryptophan ring piercing by Leap.

Contrary to expectations, minimization didn't push out the lysine side chain away, but increased its bonds up to a ridiculous length... and the MD didn't crush!

As Carlos mentioned in several mails, leap is not meant for model building and there are no fixes for that, so you have to find better ways to do it... :-/

Best regards,

Matías

PhD.
Researcher at Biomolecular Simulations Lab.
Institut Pasteur de Montevideo | Uruguay
[http://pasteur.uy/en/labs/biomolecular-simulations-laboratory]
[http://www.sirahff.com]