Re: [AMBER] Distance between nucleotides and amino acids

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2021 09:11:58 -0400

Hi,

You could probably do this with a combination of 'for' loops and the
'avg' analysis. Something like:

parm tz2.parm7
trajin tz2.nc
for residues R1 inmask <protein mask>
  for residues R2 inmask <nucleic mask>
    distance d$R1.to.$R2 out distances.dat $R1 $R2
  done
done
avg d* out avg.dat name AVG

See the manual for full details. Pay attention to the output so you
can see exactly what is being done. I recommend trying on a small
subset of your trajectory first to ensure it's calculating what you
want.

Hope this helps,

-Dan