Re: [AMBER] Gaussian derived RESP charges and antechamber

From: Hector A. Baldoni <hbaldoni.unsl.edu.ar>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 09:30:24 -0300

Dear Gustaf

My two cents,

> Exploring the ever ending alternatives regarding generation RESP
> charges I found a number of things peculiar and I though I’d ask.
>

> I suppose that the 41/42 are not set in stone and can be changed?

You can left IOp(6/41=10,6/42=17) but in expense of coarse grain esp
grading calculation (defaults are 4 layers and 1 point charge by unit
area by layer, respectively)

> However, I cannot find the documentation for 6/33=2, as it reads “do
> not change” I assume it is important though is this still applicable
> or has this changed?

6/33=2 is deprecated from G03.

> As I am unable to figure out how to actually get this file written,
> this might be a good think. Assuming that this would work, "using

Try some like the follow:

%NProcShared="NUMBER PROCESSES"
%mem="AMOUNT MEMORY"MB
%chk="PATH TO SAVE CHK FILE"
#p HF/6-31G* SCF=Tight Pop=MK IOp(6/50=1)
[empty line]
  "SOME TITLE"
[empty line]
"CHARGE" "MULTIPLICITY"