[AMBER] Problems to install AmberTools20

From: Miguel Garavís <mgaravis.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 13:33:42 +0200

Dear all,

I am trying to install AmberTools20 in a McBookPro.
I carefully followed all the instructions described in the
https://ambermd.org/InstMacOS.php website and in the manual. However I got
stack in in the installation process after running ./run_cmake

This is the last lines I get in the terminal:

-- Checking for perl module Chemistry::Mol

-- Checking for perl module Chemistry::Mol - failed

-- Checking for perl module ExtUtils::MakeMaker

-- Checking for perl module ExtUtils::MakeMaker - found at
/System/Library/Perl/5.18/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm

-- Failed to find Perl modules: Chemistry::Mol (missing:
PERLMODULES_CHEMISTRY_MOL_MODULE)

-- Could NOT find Boost (missing: Boost_INCLUDE_DIR thread system
program_options iostreams regex timer chrono filesystem graph)

-- Cannot find PLUMED. You will still be able to load it at runtime. If
you want to link it at build time, set PLUMED_ROOT to where you installed
it.

CMake Error at cmake/LibraryUtils.cmake:75 (message):

  Could not determine whether

"/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX11.1.sdk/usr/lib/libbz2.tbd"

  is a static or shared library, it does not have a known suffix.

Call Stack (most recent call first):

  cmake/LibraryTracking.cmake:40 (get_lib_type)

  cmake/LibraryTracking.cmake:196 (using_external_library)

  cmake/3rdPartyTools.cmake:924 (import_libraries)

  CMakeLists.txt:194 (include)

See also "/Users/mgaravis/amber20_src/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

See also "/Users/mgaravis/amber20_src/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

If the cmake build report looks OK, you should now do the following:

    make install

    source /Users/mgaravis/amber20/amber.sh

Consider adding the last line to your login startup script, e.g. ~/.bashrc

I attach also the CMakeOutput.log and CMakeError.log files in case they can
help.
Could you help me please to figure out what it is failing here?

Thank you very much

--
Miguel Garavís