Re: [AMBER] RMSIP

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 15:08:31 -0400

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 11:23 AM waleed zalloum
<waleed_zalloum.yahoo.com> wrote:

> readdata evecs-ca.dat name pc1
> readdata evecs-ca.dat name pc2

Did this give an error? You didn't specify. Assuming there is indeed
"modes" data in evecs-ca.dat you should see a message like:

Reading 'evecs-ca.dat' as Evecs file with name 'pc1'

Also, you don't need to specify the same file twice. By default
cpptraj will read all modes from the file.

> runanalysis modes rmsip name pc1 name2 pc2 beg 1 end 1 out rmsip

You're doing the RMSIP of eigenvector 1 to 1 which is not very useful.
Try 'beg 1 end 2' instead.

> Also, I projected the trajectory coordinates along pcs and got a file for this process (pca12-ca). I tried to read it instead of evecs-ca.dat in the above comman but it gave me the following error:

No, this won't work. Projections are not the same as "modes" (i.e.
eigenvectors). You can use eigenvectors to get projections, but you
can't feed the projection values back in place of modes.

Hope this helps,

-Dan