Re: [AMBER] Cyclic Peptides: leap keeps adding missing atoms

From: Dr. Anselm Horn <anselm.horn.fau.de>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 02:08:48 +0200

Dear Tainah,

you may try the command loadPdbUsingSeq in tleap (cf page 233 Amber
manual): If the sequence you define your peptide with lacks the explicit
terminal residue names like NALA or CGLY, all peptide residues are
defined as mid-chain residues, i.e. the terminal ones are not
automatically converted to the standard terminal species (NH3+ or COO-).
After that, you manually add a bond between the first N and the last
C(=O), (bond command in tleap) and you are done.
Since the bond command simply depends on the length of the peptide, the
tleap input could be created via an external script.

(This general approach for cyclic peptides worked for me in earlier
Amber versions; I did not test it explicitely in Amber20, though.)

In your case, where you also have an additional ligand in your pdb file,
I'm not sure about the tleap logic: if you simply add your ligand's
residue name to the sequence list, tleap might try to form a bond
between the last residue (being a "mid-chain" still) and your ligand,
which won't work and is not what you want, of course. But maybe tleap
recognizes the missing valency in the ligand and does not try to form a
bond there.

Alternatively, you could read in your peptide from one file and your
ligand into a second UNIT from a second pdb file via loadPdb, and then
use tleap's combine command to create a new unit, which may be saved.

Maybe that helps...

Best Regards,

Anselm

[NHR.FAU]