Re: [AMBER] Thermodynamic integration for protein-protein interactions

From: WW <wanlei1991.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 22:43:48 -0400

Dear Prof Case,

Thanks for your helpful email. I have fixed the previous error (Although I
have not narrowed down the issue, using another MD configuration seemed to
have fixed this behavior).

I just have one more question regarding running TI on estimating relative
P-P binding free energy. Near small (ie. 0.00922) values of lambda (I'm
using a 12-point lambda transformation), there are geometries where the
almost "ghost"-like softcore atoms are sterically clashing and actually
goes through the rest of the protein, and give exceptionally high VDW
energies. I was just wondering if this behavior is normal in TI. Another
one of my concerns is that if I were to start the next lambda simulation
from the end of the current, clashing state, I am fearful that this would
lead the system to crash. Sorry for these naive questions, and thanks for
your time.

Best,
Wanlei