Re: [AMBER] Discrepancy in experimental and MMPBSA pattern of binding energy

From: Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.ufl.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 11:54:22 -0400

There are many reasons, but for the most part, it would be a miracle if
the values from a very simple model such as MMPBSA actually gave you
results comparable to experiments.

You should look at papers on the method and people using it to get a
sense of accuracy.

Of the things you can check are:

Are you using GB or PB? PB is much more reliable, but more expensive.

Are you computing entropies or just delta energies?

That could easily change the ordering of binding data.

Adrian

--
Dr. Adrian E. Roitberg
V.T. and Louise Jackson Professor in Chemistry