Re: [AMBER] Convert SIRAH coarse-grained model back to all-atomic pdb file format?

From: Matias Machado <mmachado.pasteur.edu.uy>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 12:26:05 -0300 (UYT)

Dear Michael,

Making a specific tutorial for SIRAH Tools is in my veeeery long list of "To-do" things...

As Anselm and Carlos mentioned, the backmaping capabilities of SIRAH are implemented through the VMD plugin "sirah_vmdtk.tcl".

As stated in every SIRAH tutorial, once you load the topology and trajectory file in VMD (e.g. "vmd your.prmtop your.nc -e sirah_vmdtk.tcl") you can access the functionalities of the plugin by executing the following command in the Tcl/Tk console of VMD:

 sirah_help

Particularly the command you are looking for is:

 sirah_help sirah_backmap

Note, backmaping requires AMBER Tools 14+ for minimazing the reconstructed coordinates, it can also profit from the MPI code.

I also strongly recommend to use de default options for minimization, which render the best results in terms of convergence and speed.
Be aware that not always increasing the minimization steps is the best choce, that is conditioned by the minimization options and the starting point of the coordinates.

The simplest way to try the command is by executing:

 sirah_backmap now

which will backmap the actual frame you are placed at in the trajectory (otherwise it will start backmapping the whole trajectory, which may be time consuming).

Best regards,

Matías

PhD.
Researcher at Biomolecular Simulations Lab.
Institut Pasteur de Montevideo | Uruguay
[http://pasteur.uy/en/labs/biomolecular-simulations-laboratory]
[http://www.sirahff.com]