Re: [AMBER] Is it possible to create a deb for ubuntu or a pypi one ?

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 08:28:53 -0400

On Mon, Mar 29, 2021, Hrishikesh Dhondge wrote:

>I was also having some issues with the compilation. Have you tried to
>compile with superuser access?
>For me, it worked when I tried as a superuser from my system. Hope it helps!

Just a note that we (Amber developers) encourage people *not* to make use of
superuser privleges. They are not needed if you install in a location where
you have write access.

We are not aware of any dangerous glitches in the installation scripts, but
the procedure is quite involved, and some steps depend on the environment
that is found. You are exposing yourself to extra risks by installing as a
superuser.

There are cases where a superuser approach is appropriate, but they are not
common.

....dac