Re: [AMBER] Bug when using RESPA in REMD runs

From: Brian Radak <brian.radak.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 10:01:45 -0500

Hello Charo,

I can't speak directly to this issue, but I can confirm that the REMD
exchanges do occur a step later than expected/reported (e.g. Setting nstlim
100 means exchanges are at steps 101, 201, etc). This is probably a quirk
of leapfrog and they way kinetic energy is defined, but I could be wrong.

To be clear, I've never detected issues from this, but your reasoning
around RESPA sounds reasonable. Hopefully a REMD/SGLD expert can add more
background?

Slightly off-topic - is the benefit from RESPA particularly good? With mass
repartitioning on a GPU I've gotten the impression that the benefits are
quite marginal these days.

Cheers,
Brian