Re: [AMBER] Help to generate prmtop and .crd files from a PDB trajectory

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 10:03:28 -0500

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 8:46 PM Devlina Chakravarty
<devlina.chakravarty.gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem is when I tried to visualize the .top and .crd file on VMD,
> there are strange artifacts and connections that shouldn't be there, like
> the first residue of the second chain is connected to the last residue to
> the first chain (although the PDB file used to generate the topology file

PDB files contain only very limited topology (i.e. connectivity)
information - most of it is inferred. Programs like VMD and cpptraj
try to do their best to determine the missing information, but if the
structure has problems (is distorted, missing residues, etc) this can
fail. Your best bet may be to actually build the system and generate a
topology (via e.g. pdb4amber and leap) and use that in place of the
original pdb.

Good luck,

-Dan