Re: [AMBER] how to get amber 18 tools

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 15:09:44 -0500

On Wed, Jan 27, 2021, Sadaf Rani wrote:

>I have licence for Amber 18 and I tried to compile it with Ambertools 20
>but in the version of conda I have on my work station I am unable to
>install Ambertools 20.

We need to find out more about what you did here, and what you need to do.

Do you need to recompile Amber18? Or compile it for the first time?
Ordinarily, anyone who has Amber18 also has AmberTools18 along with it.
But I understand that there may be circumstances where that is not the case.

So: if you know what you are doing(!), just grab AmberTools18 from here:

    https://ambermd.org/downloads/AmberTools18.tar/bz2

If you are having trouble installing AmberTools20 (which we recommend, even
for those using pmemd from Amber18), please provide some details. Did you
ask the installer to download a fresh version of miniconda? Or are you
trying to do something like "conda install ambertools=20"? Or something
else? Providing the exact error message is also important, since it is
often very helpful.

....good luck....dac