Re: [AMBER] Running simulations

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 14:24:03 -0500

On Mon, Jan 25, 2021, richa anand wrote:

>I have a query regarding the configuration of the computer needed for AMBER
>installation. The configuration of the system is:
>
>RAM: 8 gb
>CPU: Xeon E3-1225 v3. 3.20 GHz
>CPU core: 4
>Threads per core :1
>
>The above said computer can be used for which version of AMER for fast
>results.

Any version of Amber should work fine on the above configuration, assuming
Linux as the operating system. Your definition of "fast" may be different
than mine. Generally speaking, if you want "fast" MD simulations in Amber,
you need to consider systems with a GPU. But learn on the system described
above first.

...good luck...dac