Re: [AMBER] Fwd: Error during amber16 installation

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 10:17:02 -0500

Please visit https://ambermd.org/GetAmber.php

>I got the following error messages before "error: command 'gcc' failed
>with exit status 1" line
> pytraj/cyutils.cpp:19858:21: error: ‘PyThreadState {aka struct _ts}’
>has no member named ‘exc_type’
>      *type = tstate->exc_type;
>                      ^

I can't help here; maybe Hai has some insights. But the most
straightforward thing to do is to start with AmberTools20, which has four
years of updates and bugfixes in it. Plus, it would be really hard to
get anyone to go back and try to debug complex problems from 2016 code.
You will get much more attention if you find problems with AmberTools20.

....regards...dac