Re: [AMBER] Fwd: Error during amber16 installation

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 08:16:12 -0500

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021, spss4.iacs.res.in wrote:

> I am trying to install Amber16 in ubuntu16.04 system according to the steps
> described in the manual. I am getting the following error during make
> install

> Makefile:456: recipe for target 'pytraj' failed

You should capture the output of the make command, e.g.

      make install | tee make.errors

Then look for the relevant error messages in the "make.errors" file. You
will want to look at what happens right before the "gcc failed" line.

Better: download AmberTools20 and try that. It may no longer be possible
to install pytraj on an raw AmberTools16 installation, since there have been
changes in various python components since then. You'll want to use
AmberTools20 in any event, even if you continue to use pmemd from Amber16.
But consider upgrading to Amber20 as well.

...good luck....dac