Re: [AMBER] PROTEIN-DNA RMSD plots

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 06:22:06 -0500

the conclusion you draw from a simulation should be reproducible. if your 3
runs behave differently, then the results may not be reliable. you should
look into the details, perhaps analyzing more than just RMSD. can you
visually compare the 3 runs to see what structure differences lead to the
calculated RMSD differences? it may be something not important, such as
fraying of the DNA ends, or it may be very important. This is the
challenging part of simulation research.