Re: [AMBER] pytraj in python 3.9

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2021 09:29:39 -0500

On Wed, Jan 06, 2021, Abdul-Rashid III Sampaco wrote:

>Are there any plans to fix pytraj to make it compatible with python 3.9?
>It does not import in python 3.9 right now. I have attached the error
>message I encountered. Based on how I understand it, there are some changes
>in python 3.9 which affected the code.

It looks to me like you built Amber using python 3.8, since your files
are all in places like ...amber18/lib/python3.8/site-packages/.... To use
these files, you should use the version of python that Amber was built with.

If you need python3.9, then re-configure AmberTools with python 3.9. While
you are at it, download AmberTools20 to take advantage of two years worth of
improvements and bug fixes.

....dac

caveat: I am no python guru!