Re: [AMBER] Query on some old sander inputs (dele, idiel, dielc)

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 12:17:02 -0500

I don't know all that is in the sander code, or perhaps even the pmemd
Fortran layer, but I can say that there is no support for fiddling with the
dielectric in the periodic GPU code, nor that I know of in the GB GPU
code. That said, if all you want is a change in the overall dielectric,
you can mimic this effect by scaling the charges in your simulation
topology and running igb=6 or periodic simulations with a fixed volume
(NVE, NVT, ntp=0). If you want a distance-dependent dielectric that's not
something any of the fast codes will support--as DAC said this is not
something we support because it is just not a preferred way of doing things
any more.

Dave