Re: [AMBER] Charged species with antechamber

From: Gustaf Olsson <gustaf.olsson.lnu.se>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 08:15:48 +0000

I routinely use antechamber for charged molecules and it is not uncommon to receive this warning and needing make minor modifications to the prep file

You’ve already received a lot of valuable feedback though I just wanted to raise a little warning. Unless there is a “typo” in the original post, then you likely have another issue.

> The unperturbed charge of the unit (1.001001)<tel:+441001001> is not zero

This indicates a +1 charge in the system loaded into leap. However:

> my molecule having a -1 charge (-nc 1)

You specify that your molecule should have a “-1” charge yet you specify “-nc 1” which is equal to "-nc +1”. If the “-“ is not a “typo” you need to specify "-nc -1” if your molecule is supposed to be an anion.

You can check the charge in any of a number of ways though if you have awk available, this little one-liner comes in handy for a quick check after running antechamber:

    awk '{ sum += $11 } END { print sum } [filename].prep

Best regards
// Gustaf