Re: [AMBER] Bug AmberTools20 parallel installation

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 08:31:07 -0500

On Thu, Dec 10, 2020, Arsene Marian Alain wrote:

>After installing the
>serial version of AmberTools20 we have tried to install the parallel
>version but due to a bug or a libraries error the installation of
>AmberTools20 in parallel stops at 21%

>[ 21%] Linking Fortran shared library libpbsa.so
>/usr/bin/ld: BFD version 2.20.51.0.2-5.47.el6_9.1 20100205 internal error, aborting at reloc.c line 443 in bfd_get_reloc_size
>
>/usr/bin/ld: Please report this bug.

I don't recall having seen this error before. I'm cc-ing to Ray Luo, in
case he has some idea.

If you don't need the parallel version of PBSA, you might try adding
-DDISABLE_TOOLS="libpbsa" in your run_cmake script, and see if
everything else builds.

A second step is to replace the "make install" step with "VERBOSE=1 make
install". That will provide more detailed information about what is
happening.

....regards...dac