Re: [AMBER] G quadruplex ions minimization

From: Jiri Sponer <sponer.ncbr.muni.cz>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2020 20:20:49 +0100 (MET)

For quadruplexes and ions, we have published recently
some benchmark AMBER MD simulation studies, with different ion parameters
and water models:

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.jctc.9b01068
and
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acs.jctc.7b00257

Regarding placing into the NMR structures and model structures:
simply manually into
all inter-tetrad cavities, the simulation will do the rest on
its own, obviously within the force-field approximation.
The approximations are not negligible and the latest review is:
Annual Reports in Medicinal Chemistry
Volume 54, 2020, Pages 197-241
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0065774320300154

Best wishes Jiri