Re: [AMBER] amber 20 compilation problem (David A Case)

From: Jordi Bujons <jordi.bujons.iqac.csic.es>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2020 18:30:28 +0100

On Tue, Dec 01, 2020, Jordi Bujons wrote:

>>I am trying to compile amber 20 on a workstation that includes a GTX
>>3090 GPU. The workstation runs CentOS 8 with cuda 11.1 and Nvidia
>>driver version 455.32.00,
>>
>>-- CUDA version 11.1 detected
>> Error: Unsupported CUDA version. AMBER requires CUDA version >= 7.5
>>and <= 11.0.
>
>It's been hard to get Amber cuda developers to spend time on this, but as
far as I know, the following will work:

>Go to the cmake directory, and edit the CudaConfig.cmake file. Find the
>line:
>
> elseif(${CUDA_VERSION} VERSION_EQUAL 11.0)
>
>and change it to
>
> elseif(${CUDA_VERSION} VERSION_GREATER_EQUAL 11.0)
>
>...good luck...dac

Yes, your suggestion works! Thanks a lot.

Best,

jordi

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2020 21:07:17 -0500
From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Subject: Re: [AMBER] question about dihedral angles

On Tue, Dec 01, 2020, Gordon Richard Chalmers wrote:

>I have a quick question as to how AmberTools20, tleap, or cpptraj
>rotates the molecule about a phi or psi dihedral angle.

The world's experts on this subject are right in your backyard: check with
Rob Woods or Lachele Foley, who probably have the longest institutional
memory about this.

The basic problem is that just saying you want to rotate about an angle is
not enough information. One also needs to specify which atoms (i.e.
which "side" of the torsion) should be moved. But the tleap syntax doesn't
include this, and it can be rather difficult to understand its internal
procedures for making this decision.

I'm less familiar with cpptraj handles this problem.

....dac

Message: 5