Re: [AMBER] Imaging issue in DNA - cpptraj

From: lomzov <lomzov.niboch.nsc.ru>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2020 17:04:52 +0700

Hi,

We were not successful to unwrap DNA duplexes using cpptraj.

To solve this problem at the modeling stage, we found two solutions:
1) as suggested by Anselm using iwrap = 0, but for long-term simulations
(more than 50-100 ns) water molecules and cations may go too far and
this cannot be written to the old format mdcrd file.
To solve this issue you can simulate with iwrap = 0 for 50 ns, and than
short simulate iwrap = 1 for 5-10 ns.
Sometimes it helps.

2) use very weak Cartesian restraints (0.01 kcal / mol / A) for two
atoms in opposite chains with iwrap = 1. For example, for 16 bp duplex

   ntr = 1,
   restraint_wt=0.01 ,
   restraintmask=" :8,24.C4'",

This does not allow translation movement of the duplex, but becaose of
low value of restraint does not change duplex conformation.
If you want to analyze conformation changes, you could restart
simulation every few nanoseconds (5-10 ns) using the reference file,
which was obtained at previous stage

stage 1: ..... -r 1.restrt -ref 0.inpcrs
stage 2: ..... -r 2.restrt -ref 1.restrt
stage 3: ..... -r 3.restrt -ref 2.restrt

good luck!

Alex