Re: [AMBER] error input

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 08:44:02 -0500

On Wed, Nov 11, 2020, MYRIAN TORRES RICO wrote:

>I have a problem with my input in the pcte step. There is a problem
>with the initial parameters that do not allow me to converge because
>when I launch the script, this error appears:
>

>vlimit exceeded for step 0; vmax = **********

You have bad coordinates on input. The first step is to use the "check"
command in cpptraj to look for bad bonds and close contacts.

But a second step is the double-check all your file names. You seem to
be doing a restart, so it is somewhat unusual to see a failure on step
0. Do a single step of minimization, and compare the energies to what
you had on the final step of the previous run. That might help find
some errors.

> Coordinate resetting cannot be accomplished,
> deviation is too large
> iter_cnt, my_bond_idx, i and j are : 3 889 1785 1787

Finally, you could look at atoms 1785 and 1787: is the geometry around
that area good?

....dac