Re: [AMBER] iwrap/autoimage - analyses

From: Gustaf Olsson <gustaf.olsson.lnu.se>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 08:27:10 +0000

Hello Dan

Trying to wrap my head around this (Sorry :-) )

This makes sense, that is why there is a command to ignore imaging for RDF analyses. It should be, and is, done unless forced to not be done.

> One question - the .001 difference you mentioned for RDF was between
> image and noimage right? Not image and autoimage?

Well, analysing autoimaged trajectories and the “raw” unwrapped trajectories with the same rdf command, apparently including “image”, produces ever so slightly different results.

      19.250000 1.000166 5.127417 | 19.250000 1.000167 5.127417
      19.450000 0.999990 5.288961 | 19.450000 0.999989 5.288961
      19.650000 1.000253 5.453882 | 19.650000 1.000254 5.453883
      19.750000 1.000297 5.537602 | 19.750000 1.000295 5.537601
      19.850000 1.000478 5.622186 | 19.850000 1.000480 5.622186
      19.950000 0.999802 5.707567 | 19.950000 0.999801 5.707567

Though the autoimageing was done using an anchor and not just the default.

Summing up. For my purposes, regardless of if I’m analysing post production "autoimaged", production "wrapped" or unimagined trajectories, RDF and HBOND should both be run with the “in command” imaging turned on (default for RDF and by adding “image” for hbond”). This should not always be necessary both for most of the cases I am working with, it will likely be.

This also makes some sense performance wise as it seems that the autoimage command runs serial and not parallel.

Thank you and best regards
// Gustaf