Re: [AMBER] Discrepancy between interaction energy of amber coordinate trajectories of a system

From: Prathit Chatterjee <prathit.biophysics.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2020 12:41:40 +0900

Dear Prof. Simmerling and Dr. Ross,

Sorry to reply to you back from the embedded amber digest, I did not
receive separate reply emails.

The precision of numbers is the same in both cases, and the format is .crd,
please see below:

*This is for the original amber coordinates*:
parm prot.top
trajin /homes/epsilon/users/diem/project_t-ab/traj_1/production/crd/
*T_310K_1_md001.crd* 1 10

#centering
strip :WAT
strip :Na+
strip :Cl-

center :1-43 mass origin
image origin center familiar

pairwise IE :1-43 out pairwise_IE.out cuteelec 0.0001 cutevdw 0.0001
vmapout IE_vmap.out emapout IE_emap.out avgout IE_avg.out
--------------

*This is for the protein only generated coordinates*:
parm prot.top
trajin /homes/epsilon/users/pchatterjee/vmd_anal_prep/diem_1/
*T_310K_prot_diem_1_100ns.crd* 1 10

pairwise IE :1-43 out pairwise_IE.out cuteelec 0.0001 cutevdw 0.0001
vmapout IE_vmap.out emapout IE_emap.out avgout IE_avg.out
-------------

Also, *I generated the protein-only amber coordinates as follows in VMD*:

        mol new
/homes/epsilon/users/diem/project_t-ab/traj_10/production/whole.top type
parm7
        mol addfile
/homes/epsilon/users/diem/project_t-ab/traj_10/production/crd/T_310K_10_md$n.crd
*type netcdf* waitfor all

        set frames [molinfo top get numframes]
        set nf [expr {[molinfo top get numframes]-1}]

        set a [atomselect top protein]
        animate *write crdbox* diem_10/PHF43_310K_prot_$f.crd beg 0 end $nf
waitfor all sel $a

I tried to write the protein only coordinates in several ways until
reaching the above mentioned procedure, loading the original coordinates as
netcdf, and writing the final protein only coordinates as crdbox.
Likewise, the coordinates for visualizing the original and protein-only
coordinates could be visualized properly without any apparent unnatural
bonds.

Best Regards,
Prathit